Friday 18 December 2015

SATW December Mood Board

Hi - Kaye here,

Last weekend I decided to have a play with the December mood board from Scrap Around the World. It is a challenge site I've always enjoyed even if I haven't had the time in recent months to play along. The mood board for the month was ...



When I saw the mood board I loved it and knew the exact Colour Blast pastes I was going to use. I've used "Apple of My Eye", "Sunshine", "Rose Petal" and "Bling".


I've then stamped butterflies using black Stazon.


To tone down the shimmer and intensity of the Colour Paste I sponged white Gesso over the top using some scrunched up plastic wrap. This is the great thing about the Colour Blast Colour Pastes is that they are so versatile, you can have alots of colour and shimmer or you can tone them down. I added some washi tap and a photo and came up with the end result....

The inspiration for this page was "The Future is Bright" .... I couldn't help up use this photo of my friends helping me get ready on the morning of my wedding .... the future was indeed bright.

Heres a couple close ups of the various aspects of the page.


This shows the flowers, they were plain white flowers which I have coloured using Colour Blast Paste watered down into a paint - it's a great way to use it as you retain the colour and the shimmer.


In this photo I've tried to capture the white shadow butterfly that I stamped using white ink slightly above the black butterfly, I also love the wording of the stamp above "of course you can fly for dreams have wings."


Colour Blast products are very high intensity colour and shimmer but unfortunately these photos don't do them the justice they deserve.

The following products have been used on this layout ...





  • Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp - Wings DDS091
  • IndigoBlu Rubber Stamp - Big Butterfly BB11
  • Kaiser craft Decorative Die

Well thats all for now, pop back soon to see more work from the other talented ladies on our design team.


Thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

  1. Love where the mood board inspiration took you. FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love where the mood board inspiration took you. FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to have your own challenges at Colour Blast?

    ReplyDelete