Wednesday 3 February 2016

Peaceful Heart by Kaye Halls

Hi Everyone, Kaye here, just wanted to stop by and share a layout I created while playing with the Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Sprays and Embossing Powders. 

Now everyone knows the usual ways of using embossing powders so I wanted to find the unusual ways ..... and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.

The title of my page is " The Peaceful Heart finds Beauty in all things", its an old Dusty Attic Chipboard title that I had in my stash that suited the photos perfectly.

 For this page I've used two of my favourite colours 'Rose Petal' & 'Envy'. I started by placing a Kaisercraft die on the page to act as a stencil, then I sprayed it twice with 'Rose Petal', drying with the heat gun between applications, to get a more intense colour. I then removed the die and dribbled 'Envy' in random patches over the page. 

Next I stuck down the patterned paper and positioned the background stamps randomly over the page. 
Once I was certain that the sprays were dry I drew free-hand circles over the stencilled ones using a glue pen, sprinkled 'Rose Petal' Shimmer Embossing powder over them and then heated the circles with a heat gun to melt the embossing powder. I then added a little more glue in spots, place the beads on the glue and sprinkle 'Envy' Shimmer Embossing Powder over the beads.
Next the muslin cloth, photo and flowers were added. To add a  touch of shimmer to the flowers I brushed a little 'Snow White' Colour Shimmer Spray over them, being sure to get the brush down into the shimmer at the base of the bottle. Sadly it was hard to capture the shimmer in the photo ... so you'll just have to give it a go to see how amazing it looks!

Finally I melted two layers of 'Rose Petal' Shimmer Embossing Powder on the chipboard title, then added a few light dribbles of glue before sprinkling the 'Envy' embossing powder over it.

Well, thats all from me for now. Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to stop by tomorrow when we'll have a fantastic snowy layout by the clever Lynn Good.

Cheers,

Kaye



The following colours in Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray & Embossing Powders, were used in this project and can be purchased from the Colour Blast website or your local stockist.
                        






No comments:

Post a Comment