Saturday 30 April 2016

April shares with Anita Rodway


Last weekend I got to head away for some 'me' time. I got to scrap with some of my favourite arty peeps. It was first time away from my 1yr old, but my arty soul need this time to rejuvenate. Nothing better than good food, fantastic company, drinks & full blown belly laughs to help you relax & centre yourself again.

Seeing as though it had been a over a year since I was alone (so to speak), I did initially have NO idea whatsoever on where to start creating LOL. I ended up getting myself a new black art journal & just started painting to see where it would take me. A good warm up when you've got a creative block ;)

Here's what I came up with...

'Breathe'

 This page has lots & lots of layers. I would stop & start in between chatting & just pick from where I left off. Boy did I do some chatting LOL. It was good to have some adult conversation & not speak the words 'where are your pants?!'


I've mainly used my fingers as my paint brushes. Putting dollops of colour here & there. I used 'Lipstick' & 'Envy' Colour Blast pastes through 2 very different stencils, to add more depth to my pages. I've also used some splats of Colour Blast Shimmer Sprays over the top. 


I finished off with some freestyled brush script with a word that best described me in that moment.
'Breathe'
That's exactly what I needed. No one to please but myself. Free to let go of anything weighting down on my shoulders & create without inhibitions. If you have never been to a scrapbooking retreat - I highly recommend you try it :)


So this is me doing a impromptu Colour Blast paste demo with some of the ladies from retreat. They loved how easy it is to apply & all that shimmer!!
There was a race to the Colour Blast stock after this - those moments always make me giggle. 




Effortless backgrounds made super easy with some white cardstock & Colour Blast Pastes!!
I've used these colours in the below picture: Envy, Royalty, Lipstick & Sunshine



A big thank you to Lisa Oxley for taking these pics x

You can find all the Colour Blast products here

See you soon
Anita!








1 comment:

  1. Omg i love that breathe page. Its amazeballs. That has inspired me to buy some more

    ReplyDelete