Wednesday 6 April 2016

Fortune Favours the Brave by Michelle Logan

Hi Everyone, Michelle back to share my latest LO using the fab Colour Blast Products!
I have also added a little step by step to let you in on how I did it, so here goes!
Here is the full LO:


So first of all lets create the background:
I used a foam roller and white paint to "roll" a strip down one side of my card, then glued random pieces of tissue down over the top. I then used more paint with a brush to create paint splashes.


I then added more splashes with shimmer sprays in Leather and Deep Water.


I then used a stencil, ruler and paint marker to add my circles and lines then it was time to create a little texture by spreading a little colour paste in the same 2 colours, Leather and Deep Water.


I just applied the paste with a plastic palette knife, then used another stencil and the Deep Water Colour Paste to add a bit of script to the background.


And the background is done, looks like a red hot mess at this stage doesn't it?! 
I then added the photo with a few paper layers underneath and tucked some black thread under the layers as I thought it needed more black to tie it all together.


Now time for the chipboard pieces! 
I treated them with a few colours and layers of embossing powder (Deep Water, Steel and Snow White). On the arrow pieces I sprayed the embossed piece with Shimmer Spray in Bling, don't ask me why! Cannot give you a good reason I just like the pooling colour look!


The title chippy is embossed with a few layers of Snow White Embossing Powder then I sprayed with Deep Water Shimmer Spray.
I then added some stamped words mounted on black matt board around the photo to add interest. 
And my page is done!


 The Colour Blast products used:
Shimmer Sprays: Deep Water, Bling & Leather
Colour Pastes: Deep Water & Leather
Embossing Powders: Deep Water, Steel & Snow White
You can find all the supplies HERE


Hope you were inspired to head off to your crafty corner and play!
Thanks for dropping by!

Michelle

w











No comments:

Post a Comment