Sunday 24 April 2016

I'm Happiest When I'm With You by Kerry Fellowes

Hello crafty friends - its Kerry here again with another card.

I love this technique and you could easily change your colours to suit a 'male' card and you can adapt it for any theme, Birthday, Wedding, Christmas...anything.

First I took a piece of watercolour paper but you could use any kind of cardstock, I just prefer the thickness of the 300gsm watercolour paper.  I used a small piece of washi tape to adhere a 'burst' mask to my card.


Using Black Archival Ink, I stamped over the top of the mask.


Next I took out the Colour Blast pastes in several colours, starting with 'Envy'.  I smeared a small amount of the paste over the top of the stamping and the mask.  I made sure the paste was thin enough in some places to still see my stamping underneath.





 Using the same 'smearing' technique, I added a little of the 'Singin the Blues' paste.....



 Followed by 'Rose Petal' paste......



And finally, the 'Royalty' paste.



Then I removed the mask to reveal the crisp white 'Burst' underneath.



 I allowed the paste to dry, then I added some 'Dusty Charcoal' paste through a dot stencil.



After the pastes were all dry and super vibrant I added a little more background stamping.  I finished it off with some rhinestones, sequins, microbeads and a Tim Holtz Chit Chat quote.

You can find all the Colour Blast products HERE.

Thanks for stopping by xx



No comments:

Post a Comment