Wednesday 18 May 2016

"Courage" by Michelle Logan


Hey there everyone! 
Michelle here today with my second project for this month. This time I have an art journal page with a background made with the fabulous Colour Pastes, Shimmer Sprays and Embossing Powder.
So without further ado here is the page:


And here I will attempt to explain how I did it:
First I gessoed my page and glued down some printed tissue, then selected a colour combination. I went with Envy and Snow White to start with.


 I then laid down the 2 pastes with a palette knife across the page.


While the pastes were still wet, I selected a background stamp and pressed it into the pastes to create an impression.


I also used the excess paste on the stamp to create more texture around the page.


So here is what the page looks like so far.



Next I added some more background using a stamp and dye ink pad to match the main colour (Envy).


Then used the same background stamp with Stazon ink to create some contrast.


 I then splashed around some Shimmer Spray in Envy and Steel and  used a dip pen and some India ink to scribble text across the page.


To make the texture pop a little more, I decided to try and emboss the raised parts of the background. I gently rubbed a Versamark pad across the ridges then added the powder and heated. It did work but is very difficult to show via photos unfortunately.


When I was happy with the background I began to add embellishments.
I used painted chipboard, thread, stamped images, enamel dots,  and a stamped doilie on vellum.
Lastly I just had to splash some black ink to finish it off.
So here are the final detail shots for you:








The products I used are:
Colour Pastes: Envy & Snow White.
Shimmer Sprays: Envy and Steel.
Embossing Powder: Steel.
You can find all the Colour Blast products Here.


So that is it from me for the month of May! 
I hope I have inspired you to have a play, until next time, happy scrapping!

Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment