Sunday 15 May 2016

You are Beautiful - Layout by Elisa Ablett

Hi Crafty friends, 

Happy Sunday!! Its my turn up on the blog today with a more feminine layout, I thought i'd show you a technique where you can use Colour Blast Pastes and Shimmer Sprays with all those Cutting Dies that I'm sure most of you have in your stash. If you don't have cutting dies I have used this technique with punches as well.



 Click here to visit the Colour Blast Australia Shop to view all the amazing Colour Blast Pastes and Shimmer Sprays



In this Layout I used - Bling Paste and Spray, Just Blue Paste and Spray, Tangareen Dream Paste and Spray and Deep Water Paste and Spray.




First Step - To make your own patterned paper, grab a large piece of thick smooth cardboard (I used a piece from the side of a pizza box) load your chosen Colour Blast Pastes in a line using a paint brush then scrape down a sheet of 12x12 white smooth cardstock until the whole page is covered as per the photo below.







Step 2 - Grab your chosen stencil, I used a grid stencil and spray lightly with Tangareen Dream Spray, also using a paint brush drop some splatters on the page. Also Spray and splatter Just Blue Shimmer Spray onto the page as per the below photo.








Step 3 - Using Just Blue Colour Blast Paste spread with a palette knife over a word or script stencil and add some Deep Water Shimmer Spray using a paint brush and water spray bottle creating drips and splatters.


Step 4 - Spread Tangareen Dream and Bling Pastes using a palette knife or a bit more cardboard over old music sheet paper, you could also use old book paper.


Step 5 - While you are waiting for your layout and background paper to dry, emboss your chosen chipboard (I used messy circles and flourish chipboard pieces) with Just Blue embossing powder, I leave it at one coat as i wanted a more rougher finish so I could add some Deep Water and Bling Shimmer Spray with a paint brush over the top. As per the photo below... you will notice I added a close up of the finished flourish piece in the corner. You can really see the splatters of the Shimmer Spray.







Step 6 - You can see in the above photo that I chose a few of my Cutting Dies, one a floral one with leaf spray, one to cut my title out, there is also a small flourish die as well.... Cut out multiple flowers and leaves out of the music paper and your handmade background paper.



Step 7 - Cut a small piece of coloured hessian which I scored from the bargain bin at Spotlight, I teased the edges to fray them, I also grabbed a few threads and glued them down in a looped pattern as you can see from the below photo.



Final Step - I added a piece of orange paper as a backing to my layout, this is optional ...Glue everything down, tease the edges up on the flowers and Spray Bling Colour Blast Shimmer Spray all over the flowers and around the photo (cover your photo first) to add a little more Shimmer and shine!!

Some close ups below!




Well that's it for me today, I hope that you have enjoyed the tutorial and that I have inspired you to drag out some of those Cutting Dies. You could also use the dragging the Paste across your page technique with Embossing folders as well or punches...

Thank you for joining me today, make sure you leave some love....

Elisa xx













No comments:

Post a Comment