Thursday 25 August 2016

Spring by Suzy Loudon


Hello Colour Blast Bloggers. As the air warms and we head towards Spring I share with you a layout from one of our favourite times of year...mulberry picking season!!!
I've used some of the lovely new Colour Blast Mica Powders
It's amazing what a blank piece of cardstock, mica powders, versa mark and some rubber stamps can do. 




To begin with I grabbed a plain white piece of cardstock, my Colour Blast Mica Powders in Peach Nectar and Lemon Zing, paint brushes and my Versa Mark Ink Pad.


I stamped around the edges of my cardstock using the Versa Mark and a rubber stamp. Then using my paintbrush I dabbed it in the Mica pots (one brush per colour) and stippled onto the stamped image. Once the inked image was covered well I brushed off the excess mica powder, leaving behind a beautiful shimmery image.

I did this around the entire page. I tried to capture the shimmer in the photo but it's really hard.

I mixed some of the Mica Powder in Lemon Zing, Peach Nectar & Olive Grove with water in some small water sprays (don't put too much mica in proportion to water as it can clog the pump...learnt from experience). I sprayed flowers and lace (and also the muslin I used later). I built up a few layers on the flowers to get some gorgeous thick shimmer. I found that allowing the flowers to dry naturally rather than heating with a heat gun kept the integrity better.

The chipboard I painted in white gesso then sprayed with the Olive Grove shimmer spray I made up.


I mixed some Lemon Zing and Peach Nectar Mica Powder with some texture paste. I then placed them into little sandwich bags to make a piping bag. After snipping off the ends I piped squiggles with each colour.

I used the left over Lemon Zing paste to paint (finger dab) onto my "Spring" title.

I put my page together with some added paper, quick journally, black paint splatter & embellishments.

Once again thanks for taking the time to look.
Don't forget to click HERE for the Colour Blast Shop to purchase some wonderful products. 
xxx Suzy


2 comments:

  1. Love this Suzy - great technique stamping with the mica powders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tenisha. It's a really fun technique:..you really don't know what it will look like till you brush away the mica powder.

      Delete