Sunday 4 September 2016

Love Deeply by Elisa Ablett

Happy Sunday Crafter's

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there :-) 

Elisa from the Design Team here with a layout featuring loads of Colour Blast including Colour Sprays, Paste, Embossing Powder and Shimmer Spray.

Two of my favourite colour schemes are blue and teal so I was dying to test the new Colour Blast Colour Sprays in Lagoon and Caribbean they matched perfectly to my colourful shirt I was wearing in the photo. win win!

The Colour Blast Colour Sprays are amazingly vibrant and have a slight shimmer once dry. 

All of the Colour Blast Products used on this layout can be found here at the Colour Blast Shop




I'll show you how the layout came together, firstly grab your Colour Blast 'Colour' Sprays in Caribbean and Lagoon, a spray bottle with water and a net stencil.



Next spray water onto your layout in a rough diamond shape and straight away spray your two colours into the water making a gorgeous watercolour swirl pattern (TIP - spray quite close to your page not from a distance that way you don't get spray over the other side of your page)


While your background is wet, dip your stencil into the pools of colour on your page and tip your stencil upside down and use it as a stamp on the edge of your coloured area



While your background is drying, let me show how i created the watercolour butterflies. 

Spray directly onto your craft mat in Caribbean, Lagoon Colour Sprays and Sunshine Colour Shimmer Spray, add a spritz of water to your colour on the mat. Using a range of butterfly stamps stamp into the colour then straight away onto your water colour paper. I used a thick heavy grade watercolour paper. Let them dry completely, then I stamped over the top of each butterfly with the same stamp with black ink to give dimension.


Once your butterflies are dry and have been stamped again with a black layer, fussy cut them out and layer them on top of each other, I only did two layers but that is personal preference :-) 

At this stage I also embossed my wood veneer in two colours, Sunshine and Deep Water and then at the end, I flicked Envy Colour Shimmer Spray over the top of the embossing to create a splatter effect on my title.


Next step, Grab your background and spray the middle with a light spray of water again and then spray quickly over the top with Sunshine Colour Shimmer Spray, also add flicks of Sunshine Shimmer Spray to the edges of the coloured area of the background. Once dry, spray the middle again with another layer of Sunshine Shimmer Spray to get a strong vibrant colour in the middle. Dry Completely.


Next step is to use a entree dinner plate and a black marker or thin sharpie and trace around it in the middle of your coloured area, each time you trace around the plate move it slightly to the left or right to create distressed circles. I then used a great circle stamp set and stamped in black ink keeping the circles in the diamond shape. I also used a small script stamp in between the circles and on the edges.


Adding to the layers, use a sunburst stencil, a palette knife and Bling Colour Blast Paste, spread the paste through the stencil and let dry completely.


Now that your background is complete you can put your layout together, I added some acetate embellishments (one was a Studio Calico Photo overlay) but I used it under my photo (which is mounted up using 3D tape). I love using Acetate, it gives the illusion of depth but lets all the lovely background show through. 

I also added black thread, my title and the butterflies to finish off the layout.

Here are some close ups!!





Well that's it from me today, I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial today :-) 

Make sure you head over to the Colour Blast Shop to view all the lovely Colour Blast goodies.

Elisa Ablett xx











1 comment: