Morning Colour Blast Fans!
I have been recently sorting out a tonne of excess supplies leftover from some fairly big yearly projects and in an attempt to use up some leftovers, came to the conclusion that the best way is to create some small pocket cards for a divided page. These will give me some options...either to add extra photo's as I find others that I haven't already used or simply as an embellishment card.
These are a really simple little project that all started with a couple of 3 x 4 Vertical cards and I figured I would just play and see what came together...
On some white cardstock, I have flicked some Sunshine Colour Shimmer Spray,
over both pieces with a long bristled brush. This helps to create mini and large droplets in very random places.
I then found an off cut of a patterned transparency, leaving me just a clear piece to work with.
I placed a script stencil over it and applied Sunshine Colour Paste...
and sat it aside to allow it to dry in it's own time.
A small corner of chipboard was spritzed with Apple of my Eye Colour Shimmer Spray, along the beaded pendant...
inked and coated with the matching Apple of my Eye Colour Embossing Powder through the filigree centre.
When the transparent piece was dry, I decided to add more texture but flipped it over to work on the reverse.
A splattered stencil and Apple of my Eye Colour Paste
were used and
it created a layered effect without mashing the colours together. Having to set it aside to dry, gave me more time to add more elements.
A wood veneer frame was inked and
one layer of Apple of my Eye Colour Embossing Powder
completed the textured look.
A metal embellishment had Versamark ink and Sunshine Colour Embossing Powder added to it. With several elements coloured and still no plan for where the mini project was headed....I just started by moving pieces around.
The transparency was cropped and split across the 2 pocket cards,
to hide the adhesive a row of tickets was added at the top,
the chipboard piece was aligned to the left side....
the wood veneer framed had a small matt added and given an angular tilt, and the metal embellishment was glued to the right hand side. As always, I finished with a hand stitched edge to finish off the pocket cards.
It's amazing what you can pull together from a stack of random things and now I have some extra and matching pieces to add to an existing double page layout. I really loving mini projects lately, great for jump starting the mojo...a chance to just enjoy the process and play with our Colour Blast goodies.
Have a creative weekend everyone,