Thursday 24 November 2016

"Beautiful" by Amanda Hartmann.

Hi again,

I am really enjoying being a part of this Colour Blast team! And this month, I got to do something pretty cool. I joined the team, for one day, at the Craft Alive show in Logan. My job, was an open licence to get my hands messy, while showing all the lovely folk who came by, just what we can do with the awesome Colour Blast products. It's safe to say, that I made a mess, talked and played all day and had a BLAST!

Here is me at the end of the day, surrounded by tags and chipboard shapes and bits from my day of demoing.



This is the little pile of goodies I brought home with me. And before I let my daughters loose on things, I decided I wanted to use some of the elements on a page. I decided to focus on those colour embossed chipboard stars, and the colours really sparked my idea for this layout!



Here's how I created the page:


 I grabbed a range of colours in the Colour Embossing Powders, and got busy embossing more chipboard stars and the chipboard word. I dipped each element into the embossing powder a couple of times, to make sure I got a rich colour. Some of the colours I used include: Royalty, Lovely Lilac, Envy, Deep Water, Just Blue and Fire Engine.


2.Next I grabbed my Colour Paste: Bling, and spread it on the black background.

I love watching this colour dry, and seeing the gold sparkle off the page.



Next I used my Colour Shimmer Spray: Deep Water on the background, with a few sprays and some splatters with the spray stem.


While my spray was out, I also coloured a doily with it.

Once those layers were dry, I used some Colour Paste: Deep Water through a stencil. It is so easy to layer up your Colour Blast products and colours on a page!


And here is the final layout!

In these close up photos, you can see how I layered all the details and embellishments to finish my page.

Can you guess the new colours I bought at the show that day? LOL. 



Oh my! Feeling lucky I saved all those chipboard stars now!



But wait, there's more....
Here is a bonus share.

All week, that little stack of tags I had made during my demo'ing were staring at me, so I decided to use a couple to whip up some quick cards!

Here they are:


  
With both tags on these cards, I did the same basic technique. Firstly I gesso'd them, using the new Colour Blast Heavy Gesso. This primed/ or sealed the tags so I could use water when I added the colour. But next I stamped images on the tags using a Staz On ink. Then I took my paintbrush and water to mix some Colour Shimmer Dusts, and I painted colour onto the stamped images. I used made splatters with my paintbrush with the Colour Shimmer Dust-water mix.

The muslin/ fabric you see across both cards, has also been coloured by the Colour Shimmer Dusts.




Well, that's me done for this month.... Thanks for stopping by today to see my couple of projects.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment