Wednesday 30 November 2016

"Presence of Wonder" Art Journal by Michelle Logan

Hey Colour Blast fans, 
Michelle back with my latest Art Journal Page playing with loads of Colour Blast goodies!
So with out further Hoo Ha here is the page:


So here is a step by step how I created it:

Glue down tissue with Gel Medium. I have used an old sewing pattern. Once dry I added a wash of white Gesso making the  black lines recede into the background.

 

Once dry I splashed around some colour using the vibrant  Colour Sprays. I started with the lighter colours then moving progressively darker. I added water between colours to move the splashes around creating a water colour effect. The colours I used are Saffron, Sunset, Bubblegum and Grape.

 

Move the page around creating "drippage" and merging colours to get some interesting merging puddles of colour.



 Once dry I wanted to add a little shine to the page so I sprayed with Colour Shimmer Spray in Bling. It adds a wonderful subtle shine!

Next it is time for my favourite Colour Paste, Bling, used through a stencil along the edges of the page.

 

You can see all that wonderful shimmer that the Bling Shimmer Spray gives!

Once dry, I added some stamped images using archival ink across the page. 



I added strips of old book paper to add a little dimension.


Adding the finishing touches, torn washi tape,  a small quote strip, stamped small butterflies to flutter across the double page and a large Butterfly Silhouette.



 And that my friends is it, Art Journal Page done and dusted!
 A very simple quick and easy process, why not give it a go? 
Here are a few detailed shots for you all. 

 


 



Thanks so much for dropping by, stay tuned for more fab inspiration from the rest of the talented Colour Blast Team! 



No comments:

Post a Comment