Thursday 8 December 2016

"you", by Amanda Hartmann

Hi Colour Blast fans!

Here is my first page share for December. And this one is all about the layers. Layers of Colour Blast!

Before I show you how I did it, here is the final page:

I started with warm orange and yellow tones, and then at the last minute threw in the turquoise colour; I do love how this colour combination turned out!
Let's look at how I created this page.

I gathered some random charms, chipboard and lace.

And glued them to a piece of white cardstock. I clustered them, with a good idea of where I would layer my photo and title at the end.

Next, I grabbed my White Heavy Gesso - and painted a thick coat over the page, bits and pieces and all!

And the gesso provided perfect coverage of the charms, chipboard and lace.

Now for the colour! I first started with Colour Spray in Sunset.

A few sprays of the Sunset was all I needed as I also sprayed some water to get a more water-effect on the page. I used my heat gun to dry it completely.

Next I took some Colour Shimmer Dust - in Amber....

and painted the Amber colour to highlight certain elements on the background, like the chipboard stem. I also did some splatters from my brush while my brush was wet!

I did the same with Colour Shimmer Dust in Sunflower - painted highlights on the page and made some splatters.

Every page needs some Colour Paste, and I went with Bling this time. I just used the Bling through a flower stencil in a few spots around the page.

You can see the effect of adding the Bling Colour Paste  to the page here.

 
At the last minute, decided to add some Colour Shimmer Spray, in the amazing colour of Deep Water. I made a few small sprays with the Deep Water, as well as splattering some of the colour using the end of the spray wand.

I also sprayed it directly onto the chipboard title and some white flowers. I love how it takes the colour and shimmer!



 And again, here is the page, plus some close ups!










Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. wow amanda this is beautiful. Love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete