Tuesday 31 January 2017

Rainbow Unicorn by Tracey Campbell

Hello and welcome back to the Colour Blast Blog where there are a bunch of great ladies who love to share their creations with you and to give you a lot of inspiration and ideas on how to use the most wonderful, bright, bold and striking products made here in Australia..... Colour Blast.
I have a layout to share with you that is perfect for our Australian Summers spent in a pool or down on a beach.


Before I get into the "how to" of this post I just want to apologise for the lighting in some of the photos. It was a wet day outside and the lighting was horrid, so some of the photos look a bit washed out.
First up I cut off 1 inch from the top and left hand side of a 12x12 cardstock base and sprayed a boarder of Envy Colour Shimmer Spray around the outside edge of the base.


 Here you can see the Envy boarder (sorry about the colour in the photo), as you can see I left the boarder a bit uneven as I wanted to create a fun look that represented water/waves.


 I mixed up a small amount of the Navy Colour Shimmer Dust with some water. I mixed mine up in a resealable jar as I tend to forget just how far a little Shimmer Dust goes.... it is such great value for money.


Using the mixed up Navy Colour Shimmer Dust I painted a rough thin strip around the very outer edge of the card stock. 


 Here you can see that it is not a smooth finish to the boarder - it is rough and patchy.


I then sprayed more Envy Colour Shimmer Spray over the cardstock, sicking to mainly the right hand side. I also took the stick out of the bottle and flicked some splotches around. While it was still wet I used the mixed up Navy Colour Shimmer Dust and painted a few random splurges.


Here you can see that the main parts of the colour are on the right hand side of the cardstock. I also tapped the brush with the Navy Colour Shimmer Dust on it to create small splatters.


Once the Shimmer Dust and the Shimmer Spray was dry I stuck the cardstock onto a 12x12 piece of paper - so that it created a coloured paper boarder around the Colour Blast boarder. Next I spread some Heavy White Gesso through a stencil over the top of the Colour Blast Products. When spreading through a stencil I find that I get the best look to the Gesso when I use an old credit card/store card. I made sure that the stencil was hanging over the patterned paper as well as the cardstock as this helps to tie the two elements together.


Here you can see the final look of my base for my layout. I love how the Shimmer Spray and the Shimmer Dust reflect light. It is a bit hard to capture in a photo but in real life this background has lots of shimmer and reminds me of the sun reflecting off the surface of water.


To finish of my layout I added some patterned paper, washi tape, journaling strips, die cuts, stickers, alphas and a flair button. Oh and the photos too!!


One of the best things about using Colour Blast products is that you can customise your layouts/creations to create something that is going to suit your style, reflect who you are and to compliment your photos.
Hugs until next time.
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment