Wednesday 1 February 2017

Acai Assassin by Sue Plumb

Hi everyone!
It's Sue here today and I am excited to be sharing my first project as a member of Colour Blast design team. (Although I have created many pieces using the products before, it's nice to see my first official one posted.) Today I have a layout to share that features one of my favourite things - cocktails! To match the theme of my shot, I wanted to create a background that not only incorporated the colours from the image, but also one that looked as though a drink had been spilled on it.


So how did I create my background for this page?
I started by mixing up a couple of Colour Shimmer Dusts with water (Sunflower and Candy) and first applied the Sunflower to my cardstock using a water brush.


I then applied some drops of the diluted Candy Colour Shimmer Dust over the top and tilted my page around to allow them run together. (Make sure you use colours that will combine well for this - you don't want to make brown mud!)


Next, I used Colour Shimmer Spray in Fire Engine to add some splatters around the page. (I simply unscrewed the cap and used that to flick it about.) I then added some stamping using black ink to provide contrast to the page.


At this point I decided that I needed to draw in the teal tone from the photo, but I didn't want to overwhelm the predominance of warm tones I had already used. So I grabbed my Envy Colour Paste and used my finger to smear small amounts of subtle colour around my page.


After the background was dry, it was simply a matter of adding the remaining elements to complete my layout. I used tissue paper, punchinella, wood veneer and muslin to form layers under my photo. I love the different contrasting textures this combination provides.


I then added my embellishments - more wood veneer pieces, a felt star and a flair button, as well as some messy cotton thread for additional texture.


Then it was simply a case of adding my journaling and title; stamping the date, and I was done!


Thanks for stopping by to check out my first project for Colour Blast. I look forward to sharing more with you throughout the year.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment