Saturday 18 February 2017

Natural Beauty By Ree Peace

Hi all! I hope you have all been getting to craft up a storm of late, between the weather and school going back things have got to be looking up for some of us =)



I had the perfect model for this sweet LO using a few papers from 7 Dots all while getting messy with some Colour Mica Powders and Colour Blast Heavy White Gesso with a tiny spray of some Colour Shimmer Spray but first....



here are my selections;

I then prepped my printed paper with the Colour Blast Heavy White Gesso.

While the background was drying I prepped some Gesso with Colour Mica Powder in Cool Mint and Watermelon
I needed a number of these sized sprinkles to get the colour depth I was after.


I then scrapped the tinted Heavy White Gesso through a 7Dots stencil using an old store card, achieving a blended look of the two colours together.



Again while the background was drying I worked on my chipboard piece 'Natural Beauty'. This got a coat of a deeper version of the Cool Mint tinted Gesso.


I used my heat gun to dry this and as it dried I layered on some Colour Shimmer Spray in Envy, gaining this wonderful shimmer through about 3 layers of spray with a heat gun between layers.


 Once it was all dry I added touches of layering of my photos with other printed paper, a doily, some stamping, some washi tape, tiny word stickers and some natural twine.

There is also a sprinkling of Colour Shimmer Spray in Envy...



And here is my Natural Beauty at her best!

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to say hi so please leave a comment below =)

Ree x





2 comments:

  1. This is lovely, thanks for sharing such cool techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Rosemary, thank you for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete