Sunday 23 April 2017

Cheeky Monkeys Layout by Farrel Tailor

Hi Colour Blast Lovelies!! I'm back again to share with you a layout I created of my 2 cheeky monkeys....hence the title.

In this layout I have used a combination of Colour Shimmer sprays, Colour Shimmer Dusts, Colour Sprays and Colour Embossing Powder...so sit back and relax and let me show you the process in how I made this layout.


I started off by using a die cut as a stencil and sprayed Coffee  Colour Spray in 2 sections. I also splattered with this colour and then dried it with my heat gun.


I then splattered with Bling Colour Shimmer Spray all over the layout. 


Next I used Colour Shimmer Dusts in Navy and Midnight to splatter onto the layout. I didn't use too much water as I wanted the colours to be intense.


The next step was to emboss the die cut/stencil (no wasting lol) with Bling Colour Embossing Powder. I wanted a little of the cardstock to show so I didn't coat the whole pieces with embossing powder..this gives it more of a rustic look.


Once I put all my pattern paper layers together I decided it needed something else, so I used a small amount of Colour Shimmer Dust Midnight and lightly brushed around all the sides with a paint brush as you would if you were inking around the edges.


I adhered all the pieces onto my layout and then thought I could use Navy Colour Shimmer Dust to colour my white alpha stickers for the title.


And there you have it...here are some close ups of the finished layout.




Thanks for dropping by and until next time happy scrappin' xx





No comments:

Post a Comment