Wednesday 12 April 2017

So Much Fun by Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! Sue Plumb here to share my latest project with you. Today I have a 12x12 layout that I created featuring some photos of one of my boys; a nursery rhyme gone wrong; and some gorgeous Colour Blast products.


To create this layout, I started by priming my cardstock with White Heavy Gesso. (I only covered the page about 3/4 of the way up, as I knew I wasn't going to be getting the top 1/4 of the page very wet.) 

I then applied some Colour Shimmer Dusts (Peacock and Navy), that I had mixed with water using a paintbrush. (I stayed just below the line where the gesso on my page ended.) After applying some pools of colour across my page, I gave each pool an extra little squirt of water using a mister and then tilted my page up to allow the colour to run down and blend together a bit. I then dabbed on a little extra navy in some parts to give extra depth.


Next, I added some random splatters using Colour Shimmer Sprays (Singin' the Blues and Stormy Weather) by taking out the nozzle and flicking them around my page.


Once my background was dry, I added some stamping using Staz On ink to provide some extra detail.


Then it was time to construct my page. I created a layered mat for under my photos using some patterned paper and a paper doily. I then gathered together an assortment of small paper scraps, left over stickers and embellishments in various shades of blue (all from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and D-lish Scraps), which I then used to embellish my page.


(Creating monotone pages like this is a fabulous opportunity to use up all sorts of random left over embellishments!)


I chose to add strip journaling to this page, which I simply printed and cut up. (I am so glad that this was one of those funny things about my kids that I wrote down, it makes it so much easier to go back and scrap them!)


To finish off my layout I added some small phrase stamps, and a few splatters of Road Base Colour Spray (because everything is better with a few black splatters, right?)


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope this might inspire you to try creating your own monochromatic layout. As I mentioned, it's a great way to use up some of those left over bits and pieces in your stash, and it gives you a great excuse to get messy too! ;)
Until next time, happy scrapping! 
-

No comments:

Post a Comment