Monday 15 May 2017

Bouquet cards by Rachel Dutko

Hi everyone!
 It's Rachel here with you today, and I am sharing a couple of fun, bright cards which would be perfect for any occasion. They would be good to send to someone who enjoys gardening, or anybody who enjoys receiving a bouquet of flowers in an envelope!


 So let's take a look at how I created my cards. 

To create my watercolour background I sprinkled a tiny bit of Lush Colour Shimmer Dust onto 2 water colour paper squares then sprayed with water. I moved the colour around the paper then soaked up the excess water with paper towel.



Once that was dry I added my next layer of Apple Of My Eye Colour Paste through a stencil.




Now on to the embellishments. 
I dyed some muslin with Lollipop Colour Shimmer Dust. I added some of the Shimmer Dust into a container, sprayed in some water then dipped the muslin into the water with a palette knife and stirred it around until it soaked up all the colour. You can see from the below photo I only needed to use a small amount of water.
I then left the muslin overnight to dry completely.



Next was to heat emboss some Kinder Kreations leaves chipboard with Rose Petal Colour Embossing Powder.



 Then it was time to assemble all the embellishments, 
die cuts and flowers.



I added a sentiment then mounted the water colour paper onto the card base 
and the cards were done.





Here's a couple of close ups-






I hope I've inspired you to hand make a card 
to brighten someone's day.

Thanks for looking.

Rachel xx


No comments:

Post a Comment