Wednesday 10 May 2017

Epic Summit by Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! 
Sue Plumb here to share my latest Colour Blast project with you. Today I have a mixed media 12x12" page to share, featuring photos of one of my boys at our local park. This park has miniature versions of the Glass House Mountains that kids can climb on; and as my hubby climbs the big versions of these mountains all the time; Kaden thought he was awesome climbing to the top of "Mount Beerwah" just like his dad.


I started this layout background with some white cardstock and Colour Shimmer Dusts in Paris and Lush. I first mixed up the Paris dust with water; and then used a wide brush to paint it onto my background. Whilst it was still wet, I took another small dry brush and dipped it into my pot of Lush and then flicked it onto select areas to add a little extra depth of colour. (As the Colour Shimmer Dust hits the moisture on the page, you can see it activate and the colour comes to life.)


The next step in my process was to add some splatters of colour around my page. I first used Rainforest Colour Spray, then Coffee Colour Spray, and applied them both by taking the nozzles from the bottles and flicking them about. I then set my page aside to dry.


Once my background was completely dry, I took my Sienna Colour Paste and a woodgrain pattern stencil; and used a palette knife to apply the paste through the stencil around my page. (Look how the Colour Paste changes from the process photos to the finished layout. Once dry, it becomes rich, vibrant and shimmery.)


Here you can see close up how the Sienna Colour Paste has dried to a beautiful copper finish.You can also see the areas where I sprinkled the Lush Colour Shimmer Dust have dried to reveal a beautiful mottled pattern.


I used patterned papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio for the layers behind my photos. Into my layers I also tucked a paper doily and some frayed gauze; and then used some copper wire to form a frame over my photo, which I attached using staples.


My other embellishments (die cut ephemera, stickers, enamel shapes, woodie and a flair button) were also from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I used them to cluster around my photo.


I chose some shiny copper coloured alphas I have had in my stash for ages (I knew I would need them one day!), as they worked beautifully with the copper tone of the Colour Paste; and I adhered them directly across my photos for my title. And with that, I was done!

Thanks for stopping by the Colour Blast blog today, I will be back again in a couple of weeks with another project to share with you.
Until then, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment