Monday 1 May 2017

It's the Little Things that Make Life Great by Tracey Campbell

Hello wonderful people thanks for stopping by, I am sharing a layout that I created one evening late at night. So some of the photos are a bit light poor and I apologise in advance for that... but when the Colour Blast Inspiration strikes I just have to take advantage of any spare time I have. For this layout I will show you how to create a simple background using the Colour Shimmer Sprays, the Colour Sprays and just a touch of some Colour Paste.

 I wanted to create a fun feminine layout to go along with the photo of my daughters and nieces. To begin with I picked a pretty plain pattern paper and used some Stormy Weather Colour Shimmer Spray and a fat paint brush to paint a messy circle over the paper.  


 As you can see I started with a little bit at a time and built upon the circle until I had just how I wanted it. When using the Colour Blast Shimmer Spray as a paint straight onto pattern paper please remember that a lot goes a long way. Take your time and do not drench your paper as it will buckle when drying. Tip - I usually do one layer at a time and let dry until I have the effect I am after. 


After the painted Stormy Weather Colour Shimmer Spray circle was dry I twisted the top of the Violet Colour Spray and used the straw inside as a brush/pen to draw some messy finer circles over the top of the Stormy Weather Colour Shimmer Spray circle.


 I then added some splatters of the Violet Colour Spray by flicking the straw towards the paper.


 When the Violet Colour Spray was dry I used a small butterfly stencil with some Envy Colour Shimmer Spray to add some finer details to the background. Tip - When using a small stencil cover up the rest of your page with scraps of paper before spraying - this will help to limit the spray to the areas where you want it.


This is how the background turned out  - I just love how the Colour Shimmer Sprays reflect the light and add interest to the page.


Now I wanted to add a bit of fine texture to the page so I looped up some sewing thread and laid it over the circles on the background.


Over the top of it all I placed down a floral reef that I fussy cut out of some patterned paper, I used some 3D foam tape to make parts of it stand off the background.


At this stage I thought that the background needed a bit of extra colour to draw the eye back to it so I added a few tiny butterflies. To do this I simply spread some Rose Petal Colour Paste through the butterfly stencil. I was a bit fussy picking which butterflies from the stencil, which made the Colour Paste the perfect medium for this job as it is thick and goes just where you want it to.


Here you can see that the Colour Paste butterflies were added to the layout in a few places.


Colour Paste is perfect for layering over the top of other mediums such as the Colour Shimmer Sprays.


I finished of the layout with some paper mating the photo, some fussy cut butterflies adhered randomly as embellishments and cut-a-part title.


The fun with using the Colour Blast Products is that you can create your own individual unique backgrounds that set your photos up. The backgrounds may sometimes be very subtle like in my layout however they create interest and movement in the page and help to tell the story of your memory keeping. As the title in my layout says - it is the little things in life that make life great!!


Thanks for stopping buy. I hope that I have inspired you to grab out your Colour Blast products and start creating a background.
Hugs
Tracey


No comments:

Post a Comment