Thursday 25 May 2017

"Spirit" featuring Colour Shimmer Cubes, by Amanda Hartmann


 Hello Colour Blast fans!
Hope you are enjoying your May!
Who has had a chance to play with the NEW Colour Shimmer Cubes? I have a few colours and they are divine to work with, and all I know is that I need MORE! LOL!
In today's project, all I used were the Colour Shimmer Cubes. Rich, bright, shimmering colours - perfect for this Christmas layout!


Let's take a look at how I did it.

Firstly, using Staz On ink, I stamped the background using a variety of stamps. I had an idea of where my photo would sit, so I stamped around that area.
I lined up my Colour Shimmer Cubes in: Sunshine, Sienna,  Punch, Just Blue, Apple of my Eye and Fire Engine. I sprayed a few squirts of water in each cube and then started painting different elements on the page with a small paintbrush.
I painted the Christmas trees and circles, but also the spaces in between. Before I knew it my colour was on the page, sorry I didn't take more photos as I painted; I got carried away in the process and forgot!
My first two observations about this awesome new product, which sets it apart from other Colour Blast products are:
1. The colours are very rich, and very shimmery. You can get a really solid opaque amount of colour, that does not look water-washed or transparent (although I could get that effect if I wanted by adding more water). It also means that your splatters are also thick and hold the colour and shine well.
2. The colours dry quickly and you can paint to keep the colours very separate. The colours need not merge or mix together.
I did some splatters from the paintbrush loaded with colour using: Sunshine and Sienna. The splatters sit nicely on top of the other colours and don't mix in.
  
Here is my final page! I kept the embellishments to a minimum because I wanted the beautiful colours of the Colour Shimmer Cubes to be the feature of the page.

 

Thanks for looking today. Hope that has inspired you to take a closer look at the Colour Shimmer Cubes!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment