Tuesday, 27 June 2017

Altered Ballet Shoe by Krisy Podolak

Hi Colour Blast Lovelies,

Today I am sharing a little off the page project with you an Altered Pointe Ballet Shoe.  I am not a dancer but I love ballet.  A few years ago I had an idea to alter a ballet shoe.  I got a bit excited and bought four or five pairs.  So, I am slowly making my way through altering them.

Here is my Shoe....

And this is my process:

I started with a blank shoe and covered it in a layer of Apple of My Eye Colour Paste. I applied it using a paint brush.  Colour Paste is really sticky and you don't need to prepare your surface in anyway before adding the colour.  It just sticks beautifully.


I left it to dry naturally so that it wouldn't bubble or blister like Colour Paste tends to do when you hit it with a heat gun. This is what it looked like when it dried.



When it was completely dry, I added some stamping using a permanent ink.  This is important as I am adding more wet mediums and I don't want the ink to react.


Once I was happy with my stamping, I coloured the flower using some Colour Paste in Sunshine and Bling.  I applied the colour roughly using a thin paint brush.  I left it rough for a bit of texture and visual interest.


This is what the flowers looked like when they were dry.

To the inside of the shoe I added layers of tissue paper applied using Decoupage glue.  Once the base (inside and out) was dry, I went to town gluing on flowers.


I added a photo and some stamping on the inside and my shoe is finished.  I will be gifting this to the ballerina in the photo.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this project.

Krisy xx



3 comments:

  1. OMG! This is amazing Krisy. My ballerina would love something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Krisy! I love how versatile the CB pastes are!

    ReplyDelete