Sunday 4 June 2017

Gorgeous Art Journal Page by Farrel Tailor

 Happy Sunday Everyone!!! 
Farrel here to share with you my latest mixed media art journal page. So sit back and relax while I step you through the process in creating this very fun page.


I started off by tearing some paper out of an old book and adhered it with Matt Gel Medium and then applied a light coat of White Heavy Gesso all over.


Once the gesso was dry, I then added some different patterned strips of washi tape in black and white..after realising that I needed the washi tape to be sealed for the next step, I and then applied another coat of White Heavy Gesso. Next I added Indigo Colour Spray using a paint brush and used water to let the colour run across the page.


I dried the spray with my heat gun and then repeated the process but used Grape Colour Spray . I also used the excess off my brush to add some splatters all over.

I added some random stamping using a black archival ink.


The next I used my black archival ink and dabbed through a stencil. I wanted to heat emboss the image so I started with using Steel Colour Embossing Powder  but it was a little too light so I went over it using Dusty Charcoal Colour Embossing Powder.


My next step was to cover my ScrapFx chipboard with Black Heavy Gesso. Once it was dry I then sprayed Royalty Colour Shimmer Spray  all over for that extra sparkle!!



The last step was to cover my stencil with White Heavy Gesso...why??? I felt the colour and stamping in the background was taking the focus away my stencil. Before it dried I then used a baby wipe to remove the excess off the embossing areas.




And there you have it another art journal page!!!
Hopefully I have inspired you to create something gorgeous today.

Until next time - Happy Creating xx



No comments:

Post a Comment