Friday 9 June 2017

"Sunbleached Flowers" by Melissa Struhs

Happy Friday Bloggers! As you read this post the Colour Blast team are having their first day at the Brisbane and Scrapbooking Expo. This is my first time teaching at this event and I have something very special planned for my Tutor Display. I am not going to reveal it just yet, as I am hoping that all that are attending will stop by and look for themselves. And of course, visit us at the Colour Blast stand, we would love for you to come and say hello!

Instead, I am going to show you a super quick technique that I have included on my secret art piece!

We all have flowers by the truckloads in our stash. I have huge amounts but sometimes they have been in our collections so long that the styles of them are a little out dated. Living in the tropics and the styles of images that I usually work with usually call for something slightly distressed.


Take these multi layered paper flowers, they are about to have a Colour Blast makeover. I have envisioned these looking a little sunbleached to compliment my obsession with everything white!!!


I began with Paris Colour Shimmer Dust made into a water colour with a small amount of water and flicked and splashed it over the lighter green flowers. The Paris droplets are darker and start to soak in straight away.


Next, I watered down some White Heavy Gesso until it was quite fluid and flicked it across the flowers until I was happy with the amount that ended up on the flowers. Whoops, it was everywhere else besides the blooms for awhile!


And finally, Snow White Colour Shimmer Spray spritz over the top helped with the blending of the previous products and gives them a really beautiful dewy finish.


Here's a little sneak of my sunbleached flowers on my Tutor Display piece...all will be revealed soon in the Colour Blast Creative Corner or the Colour Blast Facebook page.
Till next time, Happy Scrapping...
Mel.







No comments:

Post a Comment