Tuesday 20 June 2017

Zoom Zoom with Melinda Sweetman

Hi, hi Colour Blast fans, Melinda here with you today sharing a fun page I created about our family car!

Have you ever experimented with the Colour Shimmer products on black cardstock?!? If you haven't you so should, the colours look amazing and so bright and fun!

Here is the page I created


And here are my step-by-steps

First up, a stencil and 4 colours of the gorgeous Colour Pastes - I've used Steel, Sunshine, Tangereen Dream and Apple of My Eye. I have used my pallet knife and randomly applied colour through the stencil until I was happy with the way it was looking.


While that was still wet (because I am impatient ;) ) I grabbed the matching Colour Shimmer Sprays (again Steel, Sunshine, Tangereen Dream and Apple of My Eye) and did some sprinkles with the nozzle from the bottle. I don't know what happened to my "in progress" photo but below you can see the beautiful shimmer and colour that the droplets have left. Totally, swoon worthy!


I popped my background aside and got to work on my "layers". Now, after lots of mucking around and pulling out different things I decided with all that colour in the background less was more. So, I very simply grabbed some black and white tissue paper to back my photo and this die cut I have had sitting on my desk for months. It was cut in white and the white was too stark so I grabbed my Steel Colour Shimmer Spray and paint brush and applied a couple of quick coats.


I love how this looks!

I really didn't think that the page needed too much more added with all of that bright colour in the background so I found a couple of black and white tabs and a black and white flair - which I added a little nest of silver thread behind and added some dimension and stuck my layers down.


My journalling came next, down the 2 sides of the page with a white paint pen and with a couple of doodled borders on the top and bottom edges. 

At this point I decided some white splatters would finish it off nicely so I mixed together some white heavy gesso and water, grabbed a paint brush, covered my photo and flicked watered down gesso around. Love how this tied it all together!


Here again is my completed project


And below is my You Tube process video if you'd like to see my page come together!


Thanks, as always for stopping by and until next time, happy scrapping!


Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Such a bright fun LO! I need to use my products on black cardstock... amazing results!

    ReplyDelete