Thursday 20 July 2017

"4 the longest time" by Amanda H

Hello Colour Blast fans,
Welcome to my second page share for July and this one features one of my oldest scrap buddies, Mel Struhs. You will all know her around here, as a dedicated member of the Colour Blast team and I am well pleased to be able to share this Colour Blast journey with her. She is a real gem and so generous always! I was SO proud of her for being a Tutor this year at the Brisbane Papercraft show - she did an amazing job. This photo is of us in front of her tutor display. So this one is for her!
Let's look at the steps (and mistakes) I made to create this page!

I placed the photo on my white cardstock base and traced around where I know I would put the photo.
Next, I glued some pieces of chipboard to the cardstock, around the photo location.
I grabbed (my nearly empty) pot of White Heavy Gesso and painted the chipboard but also the entire sheet of cardstock.

Once dry, I put the page into my messy spray/misting box and using a 12x12 script stencil I sprayed Sunset Colour Spray onto the entire page through the stencil.
 
Unfortunately, I didn't really like the look of this...  mistakes happen right?
I persevered, adding a few sprays of Sienna Colour Shimmer Spray. About now, I am very unhappy....
Luckily, because I used Gesso to coat the background, I am able to use a trusty baby wipe to wipe off much of the colour and effect from the stencil. Doubly luckily, it left a lovely orange tinted background that I was happy with!
Next I sprayed some Deep Water Colour Shimmer Spray in a few spots.
Once it was dry, I used some Deep Water Colour Paste through a stencil.

I also used the Deep Water Colour Shimmer Cube to paint some highlights onto the chipboard elements.
Recently I demo'd for Colour Blast at the Brisbane Papercrafts show. I came home with this collection of things that had gotten the Colour Blast treatment during my demos... I knew I could find something to suit this page.
In the end I went with these embellishments... Chipboard painted with Colour Shimmer Cubes. Metal Charms embossed with Colour Embossing Powder. And a flower and Charms Creations flag coloured with Colour Shimmer Sprays.

 I needed a few extra, so I embossed these metal charms with Apple of my Eye and Deep Water Colour Embossing Powders.

 
I also used Sienna Colour Embossing Powder to emboss this leafy piece of chipboard.
Here is the final page...
 Here are some close ups...

You can see in these close ups, that I did end up finishing the page with some splatters from Colour Shimmer Cubes, in Sienna, Deep Water and Apple of my Eye.

I painted another chipboard arrow with a Sienna Colour Shimmer Cube in this combo.


As Mel is the queen of stitching, I had to add an element of stitching to my page. It felt like it took me forever, and I marvelled at Mel's patience for hand stitching on all of her layouts as I cursed and struggled my way through!
I love these clusters and this colour combo was perfect in the end. And to be honest, I think the page is as an excellent combination of our two styles!
Thanks for looking,
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment