Sunday 2 July 2017

Beautiful Roses Layout by Farrel Tailor


Hey there Colour Blast Fans!!
I was very lucky this month to be a guest designer over on the Kraft Plus Blog Challenge and I thought I would share with you all the layout I created using some very yummy Colour Blast products.

So the challenge was to use Roses 3 ways. I wanted to create a layout using a photo of my Nana and I, it was recently 3 years since she passed so I wanted to create something special and she loved roses. 

So let me step you through how I created this layout.


I started off by using Rose Petal Colour Paste throwback ugh a rose stencil. I used the stencil twice and used my heat gun to dry.



Next I painted my rose chipboard with White Heavy Gesso and set a side to dry. I used a pink chalk ink pad to give my rose some colour.



I then used a baby wipe to rub some White Heavy Gesso over my patterned paper and also used my finger to lightly rub over the rose stencil. 



I love this colour!! I splattered some Colour Shimmer Spray Punch onto my layout and also painted some onto the the torn kraft paper.



I then sprayed Colour Shimmer Sprays Singin The Blues, Deep Water and Punch onto some cheese cloth making sure I dried between each colour.





I put all that aside and decided that the layout needed another colour. So I painted some chipboard with White Heavy Gesso and once dried I painted 2 coats of Colour Shimmer Cubes Sienna. (This colour is stunning!!)



Once I adhered all my chipboard, flowers, cheese cloth and photo to my layout I decided one of my flowers needed some colour. So I sprayed the flower with water first and using a paint brush I lightly added some Colour Shimmer Spray Singin the Blues and Deep Water. Once it was dry I then gave a quick spray with Colour Shimmer Spray Punch.



Then to finish off the page I added some lines using a paint pen and added some stamping. Here are some close ups of the layout.







Thanks for dropping by and hopefully I have inspired you to create something special.

Happy Creating!!!
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment