Monday 24 July 2017

Lovely Moment by Tracey Campbell

Greetings and Salutations lovely people, today I am here to share a few tips and ideas on how to be thrifty with your Colour Blast products. 
My first thrifty tip is to make the most of your Shimmer Dusts - Do you remember a few weeks ago I shared this layout
 titled Sweet Girls, I used a hand made heart mask? In that post (find it here) when I removed the mask from the background I told you that I flipped it onto another piece of cardstock for another layout... well my layout for this post is using that cardstock. 
Lovely Moments. 
Below is a photo of me lifting the cardstock off the mask, you can see it left a reverse image heart. I used Navy and Lollipop Colour Shimmer Dust. If you want to see how I used the Colour Shimmer Dust in the original layout, just click on the link.
 Next I used a black paint pen to draw around the image.
 I wanted to create some texture on the background so I applied some Heavy White Gesso with a spatula.
 Here you can see that I did not apply the Heavy White Gesso very evenly or neatly - the messy the better for lots of texture.
 Once the Gesso was dry I sprayed some Envy Colour Shimmer Spray thorough a heart stencil.
 Here is how it is looking now.
Tip two for being thrifty - use those wet baby wipes. I use baby wipes at my desk to clean up my table and I discovered that you can actually use the baby wipe while it is still wet to stamp!!  
I am using a wet baby wipe straight after I have mopped up some Road Base and Bubble Gum Colour Spray. 
 Simply place the baby wipe onto the area where you want to stamp and press the stamp into it.
 Lift the baby wipe off. The drier the baby wipe the lighter the image - in the photo above you can see a light image of a paint splatter stamp.
In the image below I pressed the smaller splatter stamp a bit more harder to create a darker stamped image.
 Although I liked how the stamped images turned out I just had to add finer splatters using the Roadbase Colour Spray straw.
 Next up I heat embossed a chipboard flourish with Rose Petal Colour Embossing Powder to use as an embellishment on my page.
 Thrifty tip three - used those dried baby wipes for flowers. I have stopped throwing my cleaning up baby wipes out and have started to save them to use as flowers by simply cutting them into circles.
 Popping a brad through the centre and stacking about four or five circles on top of each other. For these flowers I am using a baby wipe which I have mopped up Envy Colour Shimmer Spray and Indigo Colour Spray.
 Next hit the circle stacks with a heat gun and watch the edges of the baby wipe.
 The heat makes the edges curl up to form a nice flower shape. Do not hold the heat gun too close to the baby wipe as you can burn them.
Use the elements to decorate your page and finish off with a title and some journaling.  
Thanks for stopping in, I hope that I have inspired you.

Hugs
Tracey.




No comments:

Post a Comment