Wednesday 19 July 2017

Relax by Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! It's Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I have a 12x12" layout that features a photo of my daughter and I. For this page, I wanted to put the focus on a couple of the beautiful metallic tones from the Colour Blast range - Sienna (copper) and Bling (gold). 


I began my page with a sheet of grey patterned paper (from Cocoa Vanilla Studio), which provided me a good neutral base to allow the metallic tones to shine. I then used a Darkroom Door texture stamp to define the focal area of my page, before I applying some colour using a Sienna Colour Shimmer Cube. I used a flat brush to apply the colour in both vertical and horizontal strokes over the stamped areas.


Once the colour had dried, I then added my next layer of colour over the top using Bling Colour Paste. I first applied it through a stencil (this one was from Flutterby Designs) in areas around where my photo was going to be placed; then I spread some small patches directly on the page using my palette knife.


The next step in my process was to add some contrasting splatters. I wanted to keep with the metallic theme, so chose Sienna and Stormy Weather Colour Shimmer Sprays. I created my splatters by taking the nozzles out of the bottle and flicking them at the page.


I then set my page aside to allow all the mediums to dry completely. Once dry, I added some small pieces of torn washi tape. At this point my background was looking like this...


The next step in my process was to emboss the wood veneer pieces I planned to use with Sienna Colour Embossing Powder. (Wood veneers from D-lish Scraps.) I love the beautiful colour & texture it gave them (even if I didn't have the best light to photograph them in).


Next, I started constructing my layout. I gathered together tissue paper, a metallic doily, a die cut glitter frame (which I cut in half) and some gauze, and layered it together to form a mat for my photo. 


I then added some small pieces of copper coloured wire, which I twisted around before attaching with staples.


Next, I added a Charms Creations arrow alongside my photo, which I topped with a D-lish Scraps flair button. 


Finally, I added my embossed wood veneer pieces; handwritten journaling and a few stamped phrases. (OK, and a few little black splatters with my Road Base Colour Spray - it just wouldn't be complete without them! haha)


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again in another couple of weeks with another project. Until then, happy scrapping! 


No comments:

Post a Comment