Saturday 5 August 2017

"Show me the Colour" by Amanda H

Hello Colour Blast fans!
Welcome to August. And I know you will join me in welcoming the "noobs" (aka new girls) to the Colour Blast team. So excited to see what inspiration they bring to the team.
If you don't know me, my name is Amanda, and I am so extremely lucky to be starting my third term on the Colour Blast team! What a fun, colourful, exciting time it has been. I have been scrapbooking for over 10 years and my style is constantly changing and evolving. I haven't always done messy and mixed media, but I love that I now have the chance to get my hands messy and try new things. And Colour Blast products are perfect for this. Thank you to Tenisha and co. for another chance to be on this amazing team.
Today seemed like a great chance to share a page I created, inspired my the Colour Blast logo, and featuring Tenisha (Colour Blast owner) and Mel (Colour DT co-ordinator).
Here is a sneak, before we look at the steps I took to create the page!
  
Using Black Heavy Gesso and an old store card, I swiped the gesso onto a piece of smooth white cardstock.


Next I grabbed a stencil, and used some Colour Pastes in Envy, Just Blue and Sunshine through the stencil for paint splatter effects on the background.
Using Colour Shimmer Cube, in Punch, I painted on the background of the layout.

For a different effect, I used a makeup sponge to dab the colour, give a splotchy spotty effect.

Also using the same Colour Shimmer Cube in Punch, I splattered with my paintbrush around the edges of the colours.

I also decided to add some extra colour, this time painting with Colour Shimmer Cube, in Apple of my Eye. It's kinda messy, but I know the photo will cover some of this space, so it doesn't matter!

Lastly, I painted a pink border along the black gesso edges, using Colour Shimmer Cube in Punch.

And here is the final page!
I finished the page with a few simple embellishments, including a Charms Creations star and Flutterby Designs flair.
 That's my page, but for a bonus today I am sharing a few photos of my now HUGE Colour Blast stash.
  
I have these white 'picture rail' shelves from IKEA on my wall beside my desk.
These end shelves are wide enough so that I can hold my Colour Shimmer Sprays and Colour Embossing Powders in each colour on the shelf.
Then I pile up my Colour Pastes.
Lastly on these shelves are my Colour Sprays.
Next, I have a clear make up drawer from Daiso, that holds my Colour Shimmer Cubes. I leave the lids off so they dry each time I use them. I just pull out the drawer and put on my desk when I need to use them. Very handy!
I have my Colour Shimmer Dusts and Colour Mica Powders in the square plastic containers I just got at Woolworths. Perfect size for my colours and they stack and don't take up much space.
 

That's all from me to day! Thanks so much for looking.... and.... don't forget to SHOW US YOUR COLOUR... over at our sharing page on Facebook: Link HERE.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment