Thursday 28 September 2017

"Happy Moments Together" by Gwen Wruck

Hi, Creative friends!!

Gwen back with you today with another "clean mixed media" project.  Lots of close-ups and step by steps so why not grab a cuppa and enjoy!




For this layout, I started with a black and white picture of myself and my daughter.  I love scrapping photos like this, family pics of us just being together, no special occasion, just being us.  I wanted to work with a white background and a monochromatic colour scheme, I've gone with Pink, Black and White.




To begin, I started with Bazzill Marshmallow card stock so no gesso was required.  I've started with the packaging technique using Colour Shimmer Spray in Punch and Blush.  I've mentioned before how I love using these 2 tones of pink together, they work so well for a tone on tone effect.



Next, I have added some splatters, firstly with the Shimmer Sprays, and then, once dry with the Colour Shimmer Cube in Punch.




Here is a close-up... you can see the different results achieved by the packaging technique compared to the splatters.



Next, I needed some contrast, so I went with the stunning Sienna in the Colour Shimmer Spray. I have used a paintbrush to add more splatters.  I use one colour at a time and allow everything to dry before using the next colour.  This helps to ensure no mixing of the colours as they dry.



With my background complete, it was now time to work on the cut file element I wanted to add.  I simply cut out a bunch of flowers using my Silhouette and while they were still on my cutting mat, I applied Shimmer Spray in Blush and Sienna to them using the packaging technique.  For this process, I did allow the colours to mix a little and really love how that looks!



I was VERY careful not to add too much liquid here as the card stock I was using had not had gesso applied, and I didn't want any moisture getting onto my Silhouette cutting mat.  I then carefully removed the cut flowers from the mat and let fully dry.  You will need to work quite quickly here as the longer the moisture sits on the paper the more likely it will tear as you remove it.  I love how their edges curled up a little as they dried.



Here you can see a close-up of the finished flowers.  I love how uneven the mists look, there are sections where the colour is quite saturated and other sections with very little colour applied.  I now had all of the elements ready to complete my page. 


I simply arranged the flowers onto my background adding a tiny spot of glue to the centre.  I really wanted their edges to stay curled up a little for added interest.  I love how their open design allows you to see the background through the petals.


I then placed my photo and title as these were my two largest elements.  Once their position was locked in, it was easy to add the other elements around them.


To complement my photo I've added in some other black and white elements including these chipboard hearts.  I just love the contrast they provided to the design.  I've added other die cut elements from Crate paper and Flutterby Designs and the page was done.


I give this project a "mess level" of Low
 (Thanks to the plastic packaging which I didn't even bother cleaning (throw it away people), and a paintbrush I can really control where the colour goes and still no messy hands or nails!)

Thanks for popping by
Gwen
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment