Sunday 15 October 2017

"Remember The Little Things" by Amy C


Hello Colour Blast fans! 
It’s Amy here, with another simple layout. 
 

As it turns out, with this project, I had a different photo in mind. So, you will see the photo changes as you read on – but hey, that’s the beauty with art – there are no mistakes! …and things don’t always go to plan!



Products used to create this layout.



Firstly, to prime my page in preparation for the heavy liquid, I applied White Heavy Gesso. Using a foam roller, I applied full coverage. To speed up the drying process, I used a heat gun.




After the surface area was completely dried, I spritzed most of the page with water, then immediately sprayed both Sapphire and Rainforest Colour Spray.




While the ink was wet, I manually moved the paper around to allow the ink to spread out, to my liking. Once I was happy with the coverage, using a paintbrush, I splattered one leftover ink randomly around the page as shown.





 
Once I finished inking the background, before I moved onto the next page, I placed my photo to make sure I was happy with the flow of the page.





Using a spatula and stencil, I applied the gorgeous Envy   Colour Paste in various places around the page. The Envy Colour Paste goes very nicely with a blue and green background.



To add a bit of detail in the background, I stamped it using permanent black ink as pictured.




After the background was fully prepared, it was time to move onto some embellishment. I used the running Steel  Colour Embossing Powder, to heat emboss chipboard butterflies. Seeing the grains of the powder was quite nice and fine, it melts really well.

After this, I finally adhered the photo that I thought was most suitable for the layout, then completed my cluster of embellishments.








Here are some closeups of the completed layout.

Thank you for stopping by. I do look forward to seeing your creations on the Colour Blast Creative Corners.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment