Hello everyone. I was playing around trying new things out when I stumbled upon a tie dye like effect. It completely wasn't what I had in mind when I was playing, but found it the next morning when I went to throw out the soggy mess. So I tried it again and came up with this layout.
So to begin with I got a piece of white cardstock then placed a paper insert from an album sleeve (the freebie ones that come in them when you buy album sleeves) on top of the card.
In a container I mixed some Heavy White Gesso with water to make it quite runny. I grabbed my paint pallet & activated some Colour Shimmer Dusts in Paris, Peacock, Duke & a tiny bit of Lollipop.
I then drizzled the watered down gesso over the paper. Nice and thick and soggy.
I then squirted the Colour Shimmer Dusts randomly into the Gesso (this is where I originally thought I might get a marble effect but no)
Swirling it around gave me this awful concoction. But I put it aside and left it till morning.
This is what I found in the morning.
I lifted off the top sheet carefully as it was still soggy & runny. The centre of the top sheet had buckled so contact with the bottom card around the centre wasn't great but knowing I was going to cover that area it didn't bother me.
The whole process got me thinking & I started to think if I could get the tie die effect other ways or if it really was from the gesso. So I folded another album insert sheet into four. Gave the top sheet a really heavy spray with water then again drizzled the Shimmer Dusts. Then left overnight again. In the morning the effect I was left with was just a watercolour effect.
I mixed some Polar & Cool Mint Mica Powder with some Heavy White Gesso, mixing well. I kept adding Mica till I was happy with the colour.
I dabbed it on my chipboard alternating colours. I heated it with my heat gun giving it a great bubbled effect.
I flipped my page around then added some stamping with black Stazon Ink.
For my title I used foam glitter letters. I activated some Midnight Shimmer Dust then dabbed it onto my letters.
As it dried the black lightened, so I had to keep adding layers until I was happy.
I covered my photo then added splashes around.my page with some more Midnight Shimmer Dust.
I used Bling Colour Paste on the back of a clear plastic word.I just carefully applied it with a paintbrush.
It dried great with the gorgeous colour coming through.
I added some die cuts & sticker elements as well as some clear micro beads.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I played with my great Colour Blast products. I encourage you to play & try out new things as you never know what you'll end up with.
See you next time.