You know those moments when you find the perfect paper for the perfect photo? But want to keep it real?
Well that’s exactly what I was thinking with this layout! The photo was captured on one of my road trips with a great bunch of cool chicks this year.
The train line captured here is the famous Melbourne to Sydney line!
To start this page, I first used a chunky ‘hog bristle’ brush. I roughly applied Black Heavy Gesso to the required areas, as pictured, then left to dry.
Next, using a stencil, I applied some of the Tangareen Dream Colour Paste. I chose this colour for two reasons. One was the memories of seeing the V-line trains as a child, which, at the time, was orange! The second reason, of course, is that it matches some tones from the photo.
After this dried, using a polka dot stencil, I applied some of the Steel Colour Paste randomly over the black areas – and then left this to dry.
To continue with the earthy tone theme, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to use the Apple of my eye and Sienna Colour Shimmer Cubes. I simply mixed each with water and splattered around the page.
To both complete the background and give it a bit of lift, I also wanted to splatter some white paint. Seeing that the ‘White Heavy Gesso’ can be quite thick, I used some of this, but thinned it down with water first. Simply, by using the likes of a stampers block, I mixed some water with Gesso and then splattered it around the page to my liking.
For the drying process, a craft heat gun can be used, or just leave it to dry.
Nearing the completion of my page, it was time to prepare my title. I thought that both the Tangareen Dream and Dusty Charcoal Colour Embossing Powders would be ideal to use, to keep with the earthy tones.
After I stamped the chipboard onto the Versamark, I sprinkled the two powders over the title, then heat embossed it with a heat gun. I deliberately did not cover all of the title, as I wanted to leave some of it ‘raw’.
Lastly, I placed some embellishments over the textured background. I used a combination of twine, wire, cardboard and vine. I then mounted the photo on some cardboard and adhered it to the page.
In this cluster, I used a Charms’ Creations Terrific Tab and some D-Lish Scraps goodies.
Overall, I really enjoyed creating this page and am happy with the result.
Here is the finished page along with some more close-ups.
Thank you for dropping by!
Ciao for now, Amy C