Saturday 11 November 2017

Amazing chick, by Amanda H

Hi everyone!

Today it is my turn to share for Colour Blast! I have used a range of Colour Blast products, and some FEATHERS - to match the current challenge we are running in our Facebook group.

Here is a sneak peek of my page.

This is the challenge for November.
Image may contain: one or more people and text
Before I share my whole page, I wanted to show you how I created my page.
Firstly, I gave my piece of white cardstock a coat of White Heavy Gesso to seal the paper, ready for some water and colour! I dried the page completely.
Next, I got a Colour Shimmer Dust - in Duke, which is a beautiful bright blue colour, which you can't see until you add water!
I sprinkled the Duke on the page.
Then started spraying water to activate the colour.
And I watched the colour explode!
Fellow DT member, Sue Plumb, gave me one of her fat brushes so I used her technique to brush some of the colour on the background.
While that was drying, I needed to colour some embellishments for my page. And I needed pink. I got my Colour Shimmer Dust in Lollipop.
I added a few sprinkles of the dust and some water to colour some muslin in the bright Lollipop pink.
I also coloured some wood veneer crosses with the shimmer dust also.
I wiped up the remaining pink colour from the Shimmer Dust on my messy mat with a white paper doily. That's a great way to clean up and not waste any of the extra colour left behind! Plus, I then had a coloured doily to add to my page.

I used a Colour Shimmer Cube in Lipstick for the background too. After activating it with water, I painted some edges and made some splatters on the page.

 Now for my feathers. I had some lovely intricate 2 Crafty chipboard feathers. I decided to emboss them. Using Colour Embossing Powder in Dusty Charcoal, I embossed my 2 feathers.
Lastly, I added some embossing liquid just to the edges of the feather and sprinkled with Colour Embossing Powder in Just Blue, so the feathers had touches of blue embossed on them.
Once my page was assembled, I did hand paint a bit of extra pink on the wood veneer crosses, using the Colour Shimmer Cube in Lipstick.

So here is my final page and some close ups:

Blue and pink is a perfect colour combo!
You can see, by creating a wire circle around the photos, and hanging the feathers from that, I was trying to create a dream catcher!




You can see the touches of blue embossing on the feathers in this close up.








Thanks for looking,
Amanda


1 comment:

  1. Such a cool page and amazing colours. I must get messy and try sprinkling some shimmer dust on my page and spray it with some water ;)

    ReplyDelete