Saturday 13 January 2018

Cherish ~ A rainbow explosion on a scrapbook page with Melinda

Hey, hey Colour Blasters and welcome to the blog today!! It's Melinda and I have my first share for the year for Colour Blast and I even surprised myself with the end design lol

I played along with the January challenge for this page and I even shared this sneak in the Colour Blast Creative Corner FB group so now you get to see the whole page.


And here, again, for you is the January challenge! You will notice that I improvised and use black patterned paper instead of black card stock - I had NO black card stock!! Argh!!!


You can find my process video here on the Colour Blast YT channel and my step-by-steps follow, I hope you enjoy!


First up, black gesso smeared randomly on my patterned paper where I knew I wanted to place my 2 clusters. You can see that I have switched sides with my clusters, I felt my photo worked better on the bottom-ish left so ran with that! That's the beauty of a sketch, right?!



Next up, COLOUR!! I cannot express how much I seriously LOVE the way the Colour Shimmer products pop off a black background!! I used Deep Water, Fire Engine and Sunshine Colour Shimmer Sprays sprayed directly onto the background over the gesso. I started with the Sunshine, then the Fire Engine, then the Deep Water.



My Deep Water gave me a little trouble - it left not only a fine mist but also bigger splatters - which, really, when you think about it, is perfect!! So to add to that look I grabbed my fave brush - it's a round #20, dunked it into the spray bottles of the Sunshine and the Fire Engine and splattered away to my hearts content!



I left my background to dry overnight and came back the next day and started working on my paper layers. I used mostly scraps, grabbed some Charms Creations DIY embellishments and some flair.





Happy with the general placement I added colour to my DIY embellies using Singin' The Blues Colour Shimmer Pot. If you don't have the pot you can, of course, use a brush and Colour Shimmer Spray for a similar effect.



I love the way these turned out!! The beautiful blue colour and all the gorgeous shimmer, oh la la!! Here are the 3 pieces all coloured up, swoon!!



While hunting through my box of chippy I came across my title piece - this "cherish" word that I had previously embossed (you can see lots of embossing fun including my title on this post!) using Tangereen Dream Colour Embossing Powder and LOVED the pop that this colour brought to the page so decided I needed to add a couple more small pops of the Tangereen Dream so embossed 3 veneer hearts with 2 coats each.


Time to assemble all the bits and hence, now it is a rainbow explosion lol



A few close ups



It's so hard to capture just how pretty and shimmery those fabric embellies are but seriously, swoon!














I hope you have enjoyed my post today and we would love to see your takes on this fun challenge this month. Just head over to the FB group and pop your take into the album for a voucher to buy more Colour Blast goodies, and let's face it, who doesn't love more free goodies?!

Have a fantastic (messy) scrappy day and see you again later in the month!




Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment