Friday 23 March 2018

Crazy Loved - By Fiona Hughes



Happy Friday my crafty friends!!
My post for today is of my beautiful boy, (at 15 months of age), Chad!
 He is just the cutest!.... American Staffy X Sharpei, all brindle and is known within the family home, as "the Brown Menace", for his very naughty antics.
I went with neutrals for this layout, as is my thing.
Heavy gauge Kraft cardstock, I had borrowed a stencil from a lovely friend and wanted to give it a go. I worked texture paste through the stencil, centred on the page (roughly, of course!)
After letting this dry I grabbed 5 gorgeous Color Blast Sprays to make my "watercoloury"-type background.
Colour Shimmer Sprays in - Leather, Sienna, Stormy Weather & Dusty Charcoal. Colour Spray in - Roadbase.




I wet down the page, generously, with water. Then with the chosen  Colour Shimmer Sprays, I sprayed over the stencilled area in random patches, allowing the shimmery puddles to coalesce.
I helped the page to dry, with my heat tool.
After that, I splattered, Roadbase over the page as an accent.




I decided that my page needed more texture. So I choose some background stamps and archival black ink, &  then stamped abstract, partial stamp prints over the stencilled background.




Moving on to the embellishments. I opened my wood veneer storage box and chose my title, arrow and chevron.  To colour these, the Colour Shimmer sprays in - Steel & Bling, and also Colour Spray in - Roadbase. I coated the pieces with several coats of the shimmery goodness, to achieve the desired effect.




I mounted the photo of Chad on scraps of "doggie"-type papers. I kept it  simple so as not to take away from the background.




Finally I added some tangled black cotton and co-ordinating flair button to complete the page.



And that's it for another pretty abstract layout.
I tend to stick to neutral bases but I love how the lovely fine shimmer just adds that special something.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Until next time,
Cheers
Fi  x 



No comments:

Post a Comment