Wednesday 14 March 2018

"Hashtag This" scrapbook page by Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project for Colour Blast with you. Today I have a fun mixed media layout I created using the Colour Artist Inks (my fave thing at the moment!) As I was using a small photo, I decided to create a more minimalist style piece, incorporating plenty of white space. This also helps the colours to really pop off the page.



This page was relatively simple to create (and sometimes that's OK!) I started with white cardstock, and applied some white heavy gesso using an old gift card to the centre of my page where I knew the inks were going to go. Then it was time to add my Colour Artist Inks.


I started by applying the Oasis ink with a small paint brush, allowing the ink to pool as I went, before drying with a heat gun. I then repeated the process with the Marine ink (overlapping some areas of the Oasis ink); before finally adding some highlights using the Grass ink. Each time I applied the ink I used a heat gun to dry it quickly so I could achieve the hard "water line" look I was after. (As you can see in my process shot below.)


Next, it was time to add some stamping over the top of my ink and around my page. I used stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps to add depth and interest to my layout.


You can see how adding the extra layer with the stamping really helps bring the inks to life.


To add an extra pop of colour to my page, I added a quick bit of random scribble to my focal area using a blue Posca paint pen. Then it was time to add some layers where my photo was going to go. I added an assortment of materials - paper bag; die cut frame;paper doily; and frayed gauze.


Then I added some scrap cardboard to the back of my photo before mounting it on top.


After my photo was in place it was time to add a few embellishments to complete my page. I added a Flutterby Designs flair button and some messy cotton thread directly onto the corner of my photo.


I also added a couple of Flutterby Designs stickers alongside my photo.


Finally, I added a Charms Creations chevron to help draw in the eye into my photo.


To finish my page I added a few splatters of Lagoon Colour Spray and Apple of My Eye Colour Shimmer Spray.


Thanks for stopping today by so I could share this with you.

If you are in the Brisbane area and are interested doing a class using Colour Artist Inks, I will be teaching a class this Saturday (17th March) at Brookfield and still have some places available. 
If you are interested in booking a spot, you can email me: sue.plumb.designs@gmail.com or head to my Facebook page Sue Plumb Designs to message me or for further details.


Until next time, happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment