Sunday 11 March 2018

"Rugged Coastline" by Melissa Struhs (11th of March)



Morning Crafter's...have you been seen the gorgeous mood board for March? With every new month, comes the brand new challenge and a chance to get involved and play along...


and it's all about texture and how you can combine it with your Colour Blast products. I always start by looking at the mood board and then begin hunting through my workroom cupboards to see if I can find something to spark an idea. 



This time, I came across some grit powder that I had barely used and decided to see what it would do with Apple of my Eye Colour Paste.


Unsure of how much to use, I began with a small amount and then began folding it through the paste, mashing it onto my non stick craft mat.


I kept adding it until I could hear the sandy texture as it was blended with my palette knife, 


and continuing for a couple of minutes to make sure it was entirely mixed thoroughly. The grit really changed the colour, making it far lighter than usual and it was a real gamble with how it may turn out once it was dry. 


The great thing about this sand like texture, it adds no moisture to the paste at all and it still retains it's thick quality for stencilling.


One question that still needed to be answered, what will it do the shimmery quality that we know and love??? 


Here are some close up's of the paste in two forms...the left is the original paste and on the right is the grit textured medium.


The grit powder actually hold the shimmery metallic look but it is much paler and I am in love with it. When completely dry, you just want to run your finger tips across it over and over again.


To add one more element, I activated a Steel Colour Shimmer Cube with a spritz of water and flicked it around my embellishment clusters. The silver grey colour compliments the pewter metallic charms and the earthy look of the layout.


Be sure to take on the challenge this month, there is a $30 prize for the winner each and every month. How will you add the textured element to your design?
Till next time,
Mel.


No comments:

Post a Comment