Saturday 28 April 2018

"Birthday Dinner", by Amanda H

Hello Colour Blast fans!

Today I use humble kitchen baking paper to create an interesting background - made all the better with some Colour Blast of course!

Here is a sneak peek of the project... You can't go past a white, blue and copper colour combo!


Let's look at the steps I took to create the page.

On a messy mat I added some Heavy White Gesso, Colour Artist Ink in Oasis, and some sprays of water.

I mixed and combined the products in a messy random way on the mat.
Then I took a sheet of kitchen baking paper and placed it on the paint mixture.
I pressed and scrunched the paper, creases and all, into the paint. And then I left it to dry overnight.
Once it had dried totally, I turned it over to see wonderful variations in colour and loads of texture to the paper. To attach the baking paper to my Kraft cardstock base, I used glue, and my brayer to make sure it was flattened and adhered well to the background. I also used some machine stitching to attach the paper, which you will see in some of the close ups later.
  
While everything had been drying, I used my Colour Blast products to add colour to my chosen embellishments.
Firstly, I coloured a Charms Creations DIY heart. These hearts are white and canvas and are perfect for colouring with Colour Blast. After spraying with some water, I painted the heart with Colour Artist Inks in Rust.
I chose some canvas letters for my title, and needing some colour and shine, I grabbed by Colour Shimmer Spray in Sienna. The cooper tones of Sienna make it one of my favourites!
I gave both the letters and the heart a good spray with the Sienna spray.
I chose a few 2Crafty chipboard pieces, and inked with Versamark ink before embossing with Colour Embossing Powder, also in Sienna. I only did a single coat of embossing powder on this occasion. This gave a rough textured feel to the chipboard, which I feel suited the page. For a smoother embossed finish, you need to do two coats of embossing.
Once I started assembling my page, I knew I needed some splatters. I used my Colour Shimmer Cube in Sienna, to add some lovely copper splatters to the entire page.
And now to put it all together! Here is my completed page!
 I love the colour and texture of that baking powder!
Here are some  close ups. You will see how I combined my chipboard, Charms heart, with flowers, muslin, leaves, wire and stickers to create some interesting clusters.

Thanks for looking !

Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment