Saturday 21 April 2018

Us with Melinda Sweetman

Hey Colour Blasters and welcome to the blog today! I have a pretty share for you today - something somewhat different for me but today I am scrapping an older photo of me and one of my besties so went pretty!! Here's a little sneaky peek ;)


And, of course, there is a process video on the Colour Blast YT channel which you can see here! I hope you enjoy!

I have used this month's challenge as inspiration and if you have not yet seen it here it is!


And here are my step-by-steps!


A quick, light coat of White Heavy Gesso across my whole 12x12 white cardstock background. By the time I had cleaned up my spatula and work surface the gesso was dry!


I have 2 tubs of white gesso on the go at once - one is thicker than the other. To get your gesso to thicken up just leave it with the lid off while you create your next page and keep doing that until you get the desired consistency! However, I digress, I used my thicker White Heavy Gesso to apply through a stencil on my background. I taped off the parts of the stencil I didn't want the gesso to go through. This I left to dry overnight - I didn't want it to bubble and have the really textured, grungy look.


The next day I used a pipette to add some Colour Shimmer Spray's to a palette to make easy water colouring. I have used Punch, Sunshine and Tangereen Dream (to fit in with this months challenge).


I then added the colour randomly to my dried stencilling in patches, letting the colours blend a little together so I didn't get any harsh lines. I did dry after each colour to prevent the colours from completely blending together and really like the pretty background I have managed to create. I, of course, also added splatters in the same colours but keeping them pretty close in and small.


When that was all dry it was time to add all my layers and photo. I have primarily used the Vicki Boutin All The Good Things range because I knew there were birds in the ephemera pack and I love all the colours!


After my camera was turned off I added a few extra pieces including the torn edge on the left hand side and some black and white phrases. 


With those pops of black I also watered down a little Black Heavy Gesso and added some little splatters with a paint brush and 3 big splatters on the vertical where most of my design is. It's not very common for me to not have anything to say on my pages but for this one I felt those word/phrase stickers were enough and said what I wanted to say so I'm calling it done!



And a last couple of close up's - my little birdies!!



And my final page

You have until the end of the month to get your challenge entries in so head over here for the album and have a look around the group for lots of inspiration from the other girls on the DT but also from all of the other Colour Blast fans in the group!

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment