Thursday 24 May 2018

"Cone of Shame" Scrapbook layout + process video by Louise

Hi Crafters

We all love our Colour Blast products and one of my favourite things to do is try new ways to use them.
For this page, I've used the Colour Paste on the title. Read on to find out more ...

"Cone of Shame"


For this page I've used the following

Colour Embossing Powder Deep Water & Singin the Blues
Colour Paste Steel
Colour Artist Inks Calypso

***

I started firstly with this photo that's been in my stash for awhile and I never really got the courage to scrap it.
Today was the day ...

I chose some chipboard pieces and teamed them with Colour Embossing Powder Deep Water & Singin the Blues

 

Next, I put together a background.
I didn't plan to back the triangles with patterned paper but that's how it ended up.


But it's all looking a little clean ...
Black heavy gesso to the rescue!
I created a messy border around the outside of the white cardstock.


I have a bit of a star theme going on, so I decided to roll with it and hand draw some stars on my bckground.


Then I painted the stars with Colour Artist Inks Calypso - I like them to be a little messy and outside the lines.


I've used my Silhouette to create the word "Shame".
I wanted to use the colour paste in a slightly different way and see what hapenned.

So I spread some on my craft mat, added a little water and then used a paint brush to add the paste to the title.


You can see it's created this really cool textured finish - the photo doesn't do it justice.
You should definitely give this a go, it's such a cool result.

***

Here is the layout "The cone of Shame"


and some close ups ...


I'm so pleased with the result - it definitely highlights the photo and I love how the title tells a great story.


 ***

You can see the whole process in the video below.






Thanks for visiting.
Happy Scrapping



No comments:

Post a Comment