Thursday 31 May 2018

#justsaying by Suzy Loudon

Hi everyone. Welcome back to the Colour Blast Blog. I hope I can inspire you with today's layout. I don't normally use orange but I'm really happy with my finished layout.


To begin my layout I smeared Heavy White Gesso over my paper with my palette knife.


Using a juicy paint brush I soaked up my Barley Artist Ink & spread it over my gesso.
Using my heat gun I dried it, moving the ink around giving it some darker water marks.


Using my Stencil Girl stencil I spread through some Heavy White Gesso. I picked up the Barley Artist Ink giving it the orange look.


Using Stormy Weather  Colour Paste I spread it through another stencil.


While I waited for my paste to dry I painted some white flowers with the Barley Artist Ink.


I added some Walnut  Artist Ink into a water pen then painted some more white flowers.
I then dipped my tip straight into the ink tapping it onto the flower tips.


I painted my chipboard with the Walnut Artist Ink.


Using a sponge I sponged Heavy White Gesso through a stencil.


I embossed my chipboard with Stormy Weather Colour  Embossing Powder & heat activated it. Then very quickly before it set pressed a crackle stamp into it.


I matted my photo. Putting cardboard behind my layers to give it depth.


I painted my title with Heavy White Gesso the gave it a coat of Glossy Accents.


I roughly painted my chipboard leaves with Walnut Artist Ink


I then gave them a thorough coat of Grass Artist Ink.


After I stuck all my elements down I covered my photo before giving it a splash with watered down Heavy White Gesso.


Here are a few close ups.




Thanks for looking.
See you next time.
Suzy




No comments:

Post a Comment