Monday 28 May 2018

Resist Techniques with Selena Stevens




A technique I am going to show you today is “resist”.  It’s a fun and easy technique where a medium is placed on the paper and when a second medium is placed over the first it “resists” and doesn’t colour that area.

Here is a timelapse video of this resist process and I have included a bonus art journal page.

So, lets begin …


To start I gathered up all the items that I thought might create a resist effect as well some items I wasn’t sure about.  These included from left to right Colour Embossing Powder (Snow White), China Marker, Ball point pen, Heavy White Gesso, Washi tape, wax crayon and gelato.


I then sprayed and painted over these mediums to see the effect.  From top to bottom I used Colour Shimmer Spray (Leather), Colour Spray (Mocha), Colour Shimmer Dust (Midnight), Colour Artist Ink (Rust), Colour Shimmer Cube (Leather).


This is an art journal page that was a quick sketch to show the resist technique using the above mediums as well as Colour Artist Ink (Cranberry).


I hope you enjoy using this technique.

Until next time.

Selena


No comments:

Post a Comment