Friday 27 July 2018

‘Sunshine’ by Amy


Hi All!

Today is the last time you will see my posts here at ColourBlast.
So, first, I would like to say a huge thank you to Tenisha, Mel, and the awesome talented girls at the ColourBlast team! It has been an amazing journey and I have enjoyed being a part of this brilliant artistic team.

And also, importantly, a big thank you to you – the creative community – for your kind comments and support. I will look forward to continuing to follow this blog, too, as a part of this wonderful community.


I have here a page with me in it! My first post had a picture of me, with colours, so I thought I would do this last one of me, plenty of colour around too!


I started off by selecting a colourful piece of Cocoa Vanilla patterned paper and lightly primed the page with 'White Heavy Gesso'.


I wanted lots of coverage with a 12x12 stencil and placed it in a diamond-like position over the paper. I sprayed over three large areas with Sunshine and Fire Engine Colour Shimmer Spray and Caribean Colour Spray. These 3 colours matched the papers well.


After drying with a heat gun, I found it to be a tad bright, so I applied some more 'White Heavy Gesso' over the area where the photo was going to be placed, as a means to tone it down a bit. I set this aside to dry and set to work on my title.


Using watercolour cardstock, I die cut the title out and then sprayed it completely, with water. 


While the title was wet, I quickly sprayed it with Carribean Colour Spray – giving it full coverage – and then set it aside to dry.
The last step was to assemble the page with flowers, wood veneer pieces, paper doilies, tissue paper, and D-Lish Dots!


Another layout complete – using the fabulous ColourBlast products!

Again, thank you to you all for your wonderful support.

Lots of love, Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment