Thursday 30 August 2018

"FLOURISH" by Anita Enright


Hi Everyone

For my share today I've stepped outside my normal comfort zone of white backgrounds.  It is so easy to manipulate the white with colours so I decided to go the total opposite and use a black as my base for my scrapbooking page.

I prepared my cardstock by applying the Heavy Black Gesso. Once dry I softened the background using the Colour Shimmer Spray in Snow White.  I did this twice, the second time once the first spray had dried.  I have to apologise as I did forget to take a photo of the cardstock once I had sprayed it with the Colour Shimmer spray.


Next I applied some of the Heavy White Gesso through a couple of stencils.  I really love this gesso as it dries quite quickly, which is great as I am an impatient crafter.  I have learnt that by leaving your gesso open (without the lid) it helps thicken it up.  Mine obviously isn't as thick as I really want it as it bled a little underneath my large stencil.  You couldn't really notice it in the finished page so all turned out for the best :)



When the stenciling was dry I felt that it was like it was going to jump off the page and grab me around the throat so to soften it I decided to throw in a bit of pink.  Using some more of the Colour Shimmer Spray in Blush I sprayed over the gesso stenciling and dabbed off the excess with a paper towel.


My last bit of prep work was covering both my wood veneer title and chipboard accent with some white gesso.  For the title I added some Colour Paste in Snow White and for the chipboard accent I dabbed the Colour Paste in Punch over it with my finger.



Once I was happy with the background for my layout and title and chippie I added my photo, ephemera and other embellishments to the page. Oh, and a huge shout out to Jodi from Corbett Creations for my special wood veneer word.

To finish I used one of the new Shimmer Brush Markers in  
Clear over some of my ephemera pieces to add a little bit of bling without being obvious. These pens are great and also come in gold and silver. 

Check out a few closeups of the finished page.





Thank you for popping on by.  
Don't forget to keep the craft alive.... and find at least a little time in your busy week to have a bit of a play.


Anita
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment