Friday 3 August 2018

"Mermaids" by Amanda H

Welcome to August!

Today I am sharing a mermaid page, because who doesn't love mermaids!?! I was able to create this page background with Colour Artist Inks.


I started with a sheet of 12x12 heavy weighted white cardstock. I got some new cute little mermaid stamps from the Colour Blast stall at the Brisbane Papercraft Expo, so I had to try them out.

I stamped mermaids, fish and even a sandcastle, to create a scene on my page.

I drew the sand bed on the page and then started adding colour. I painted the sand using Colour Artist Inks in Citrus and Cider. It is useful to use a wet brush and have a pot of water handy when you are painting in large areas like this. Then you can add more or less colour or water to get the effects you want.
I painted the little seaweeds with Colour Artist Inks in Lime.
And finally I painted the ocean with Colour Artist Inks in Calypso and Oasis. I used a wet brush and water and added different layers of colour. I also added touches of Colour Artist Ink in Mermaid.
I used some pens to colour in the mermaids and fish. (don't look too closely - it's not perfectly neat!)
Using dimensional magic I added some little pops of it on the water bubbles.
Then I painted the sand using the Clear Shimmer Brush Marker, for a little sparkle.
And I painted the seaweed with the Gold Shimmer Marker Brush.

And here is my final page! I kept it simple by adding just the photo and a title.


 Thanks for looking today.
Amanda

1 comment: