Wednesday 17 October 2018

Boys Boys Boys Layout - Chrissi Mannix

Hello Lovelies!! 
Today I have one of my favorite layouts ever to share with you. I love everything about this layout, especially the photo of my 2 crazy boys.

So the interesting thing about this layout, was that it was initially inspired by an art journal page I made. I was creating a page and was cleaning off my stamp sand inks onto a separate page. I decided to use that clean up page to create another art journal page. I loved how it turned out so much I decided to use the basis of that page as a layout.
I started with Colour Blast Artist Inks in Oasis, Calypso and Mermaid, and Colour Blast Colour Spray in Carribean
I tipped these colours into a paint palette so I could apply my colour to my layout with a paint brush as a watercolour.
The thing I love most about these products is that they are water reactive. So by spraying water to my layout, I was able to get some movement out of my inks and some great blending.
Once I had my colour down, now it was time to add some details to my background. I'm using Colour Blast Colour Spray in Road Base. I started by spritzing through a stancil in a few different places and then also adding splats with my colour spray aswell. I also added some stamping with a small background stamp.
My favoutite part of this layout is the 'Boys' stamping.  I really wanted this to be bold and stand out. So I decided to use Colour Blast Heavy Black Gesso instead of  Ink. It worked amazingly.

I had some left over cheesecloth that I had dyed with Road Base Colour Spray. I added that to my background. I love using cheesecloth to add texture to my layout.
Then it was time to add my photo. I adore this photo of my boys, its just so them. I kept all my embellishing simple, and focused on my background being the main focus of my layout, and I used the background stamping as my title. I love how it all comes together.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you liked my layout. Stop by soon for more inspiration from the awesome Design Team.





No comments:

Post a Comment