Wednesday 28 November 2018

Magic Adventure Layout- Chrissi M


Hello Lovelies,
Welcome back to the blog. Today I really wanted to play with the gesso resist technique again. I have had this layout idea in my head ever since I saw these photos.

 I knew I wanted to use the star stencil from the August "Going my way" collection in my backround. I seem to have lost my photos of this step, but the technique is easy- you apply white gesso through your chosen stencil BEFORE applying your colour and let it dry.

                  

Now time to add colour. I'm using Colour Shimmer dust in Duke. I sprinkled the powder directly onto my page and then sprayed with water. I love how they activate and flow.

Once I was happy with the coverage of my colour, I dried with my heat gun. As you can see, that gesso resists the colour and leaves a gorgeous pattern behind from the stencil.
Of course I had to add some splatters to the page. Good old Road Base colour spray for that as always.

Then it was time to add my photos. I had 3 photos I loved from this adventure, and I couldn't choose. So I decided to use all 3. Now multi photo layouts aren't usually my thing, but I made it work by making 2 of them smaller and fitting them all together. I added some cheese cloth behind my photos as a mat and to add texture, and I matted the whole layout on black cardstock for contrast.
For my title, I went with a thicker title, but I didn't like the white. It didnt pop enough. So I got out my Marine Artist Ink and added it to a spritzer bottle and coloured my title.
I added some Charms embellishments, I love that the stars were in 2 different sizes, and then added my journaling before calling it done. I love adding handwritten journaling to the white space on my layouts. I hope you enjoyed the layout, and got some ideas to try out in your own projects.
Chrissi xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment